Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday's Musings



Chicago Bill's Golf - Hanover Park, IL
Ah, spring has arrived and with it the joys of the season - like swirl cones and miniature golf.

These quirky courses always bring memories of my youth: camping trips, fires, s'mores, lightening bugs, hide-in-seek, board games to name a few of the things I remember doing during these precious months of pleasant weather.

With all the technology that surrounds us, it is a pleasure to watch families still enjoying such simple pleasures. As I enjoyed my cone, the thought crossed my mind that these courses need to be photographed.  Some day, these courses and their large, fiberglass figures will be a thing of the past.  Where else can you see a ten-foot gorilla, Mother Goose's Old Woman's Shoe or swinging bowling pins?

This has been the start of a strange spring with snow still coming down in May in parts of the country.  So grab your chance of nice weather when it comes and do something fun.  I'd love to hear from you what your favorite activities are.


No comments:

Post a Comment